Monday, March 05, 2007

BALL OF FIRE

Sugarpuss: Yes, I love him. I love those hick Shirts he wears, with the boiled cuffs and the way he always has his vest buttoned wrong. He looks like a giraffe and I love him. I love him because he's the kind of guy that drunk on a glass of buttermilk. And I love the way he blushes right up over his ears. I love him because he doesn't know how to kiss, the jerk. I love him.


Betram: I'm just as surprised as you. Marriage? I thought I was married to my books. All I thought I could care for deeply was a correctly constructed sentence. The subject, predicate and verbular clause, each in its proper place. And then you -- You see, I've had rather a curious life. I graduated from Princeton when I was 13, I recited "Tiger, Tiger, Burning Bright" when I was a year old. Before I was two I could read fluently. People like that just -- well, you see, dust just pules up on their hearts.

It took you to blow it away.

Sugarpuss: Yeah, but I didn't mean to blow it smack into your eyes.