Sunday, March 19, 2006

Looking at the shelf....

42nd Street
Chicken Little
Footlight Parade

For this week. On the one and twos we've got these on the way:
The Black Belly of the Tarantula
The Busby Berkeley Collection
The Children are Watching Us
Dames
The Fifth Cord (which got rolled)
Gold Diggers of 1933
Gold Diggers of 1935
The Ten Commandments Triple Dip

On the personal shelf I have:
Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season One (haven't watched any of)
Battlestar Galatica Season One Discs Four and Five
All of Battlestar Galatica 2.0
La Bete Humaine
Election (To version)
The Great Yokai War
A History of Violence
Last Days
The River

And I've got a very horny wife. Like, seriously, pregnant chicks be all up on it.

And that leads to the problem. I have no problem discussing embarassing things if I think there's a story in them, be it great or horrible experiences. The problem is that's so much more appealing when you're single. Married people who talk about their sex life are gross and I don't want to be one of those people. If you've got a story about a one night stand where the girl decided she wanted to lick your toes and get tied up, that's much more appealing than having someone tell you their wife likes to be choked. Not that my wife likes to be choked, mind you. People get freaky, shit happens, and I've done a lot of crazy sex shit both in and out of a relationship. But when it comes to marriage, nobody wants to hear it and that's ultimately for the best. Hell, even long term girlfriends you don't tell you boys what goes down. As a male. I guess women talk this shit up. Fuck you Sex and the City. Fuck you a lot.

I finally hung out with God for the first time in a long time last night. I asked him to make sure to refrain me from getting boring when the kid pops. As superficial as that sounds, it's a concern. I won't turn this place into "Katja just learned to giggle" or "Martin puked on me, but the smile made it all worth it." But it was funny. I'm not normally an emotional guy, nor do I like asking favors, but I turned to God as I walked him to his car, and said "Hey, you know, I don't like asking, or having you play favorites, but could you make sure that my baby's born healthy?" God smiled at/on me and his eyes twinkled.

You see how easy it is for me to gay up my blog? I'm going to have to tell stories about the worst head I ever got here just to even things out.