Monday, December 19, 2005

Sometimes, yeah, it does all revolve around a day

My weekend was crazy. I will get to that a little later tonight or tomorrow. I'm waiting on something at work, and I realized that much of my life revolves around the day I decided to rent movies at Mike Clark's Movie Madness. Had I not done that, I wouldn't have started working there, which had I not done that would mean I wouldn't have spent five years working as a film buyer, which had I not done that, it's likely that I wouldn't have spent as much time writing reviews and hanging out on the internet, which means I wouldn't probably have the friends I have today, which means I may not have to come to LA as I did, or perhaps wouldn't have survived as long as I have (then again, had I not known them I might have lived in a cheaper housing establishment, etc. etc.

That said, I find it hard to believe that had one of those pieces not fallen into place, I wouldn't have done some of the things I've done. And, of course, those pieces did fall into place, because that's the way it went. My fate weighs heavily on me these days, cause things got heavy this weekend. I will flesh out the story, but there was some yelling, a little vomiting, and some make up sex involved.