Sunday, November 13, 2005

I'm Finnish-D

So I've been absent from the Blog more or less for the last couple months. No real effort to do this thing. "What the fuck?" you think to yourself. Well, let me let you in on a little secret. I got married this weekend. Yup. Married. To a Finnish girl named Aili. We met a couple months ago near the Rock N' Roll Ralphs, and we've been touch and go for a while, but she told me she really needed to get her green card, so I figured, what the hell. Though we haven't slept together, and she's never been over to my place, we're married, and I have to say I'm rather happy about it. It's like a weight off my chest, I don't have to worry about meeting girls any more. And, you know, at least half the time Aili returns my calls. We went out to breakfast the other day, and she paid for her own meal even. It's going great.

I did the Karaoke thing on Thursday night with a bunch of my coworkers. I enjoy Karaoke on some levels, but as an outgoing guy, for me it's always been a situation where I feel I can only look less cool. And because I'm outgoing people tend to expect me to want to jump on stage and shake a tail feather. And it's fun for that, but I tend to want to do a good job and shit. I did Talking Heads' "Life During Wartime" and felt I acquited myself well. There are some parts in that where you really have to roll your notes, and that makes it fun ("I've got three passports couple of visas, don't even know my real na-ah-ame") The party went until two but I bailed early cause it's been a long week and I need an early night. I did join in the fun when the theme song to Enterprise was sung (workjoke) and for a rousing rendition of Baby Got Back.

I got to see a firend's movie this weekend, that was made by a veteran filmmaker. I have to say it was amazing, I mean it is just in principle, but it's nice that it's also good.