Saturday, April 23, 2005

What's shakin', God

God: Hey, what's up, Damon?
Me: Not much, just watching this Wadja set.
God: My favorite is Ashes and Diamonds.
Me: Really, I'm more a Kanal man myself.
God: I get more shout outs in A&D.
Me: That you do.
God: Hey good work on that thing.
Me: Thanks. You mean (explitive deleted)
God: Yep. There was some funny shit on that.
Me: Thanks.
God: You see they're making a Land of the Lost movie?
Me: Yeah, what the fuck is up with that?
God: I'm really rethinking the whole "free will" stuff.
Me: Fair enough.
God: I mean seriously. Why don't they just redo Lidsville while they're at it.
Me: You see that trailer for Bewitched?
God: I KNOW. Jesus.
Me: It sucks.
God: No I meant my son, his cell went off... You wanna hear something lame?
Me: Sure.
God: His cell phone sound is the theme song to Facts of Life.
Me:....
God: I know.
Me: I think I saw every episode of that.
God: How you been?
Me: Fine. I bought the box set of Friday the 13th yesterday and I don't know why.
God: Yeah, that's sort of silly. I mean the only good one in the set is four.
Me: I just, there wasn't anything else I was jumping at.
God: Well, you got Primer this week, right?
Me: Of course.
God: I've seen that like, well, I've seen it an infinite number of times now. What a clever little film. I wish they could goose the soundtracka bit though.
Me: It was a miracle they could do that for seven grand.
God: No, a miracle is that Joel Schumacher got work after Batman and Robin.
Me: It made money.
God:...
Me: I'm just saying.
God: I was talking real miracles.
Me: What?
God: Yeah, Jesus was a big fan of D.C. Cab, so I hooked it up.
Me: So what are you up to today?
God: Just watching some sports.
Me: I've got finish up this review, and then... I dunno, Primer maybe. I've got a party to go to, but it's been a long week.
God: Sounds like a plan.
Me: Yeah, I'm feeling like a homebody tonight.
God: You might get laid...
Me: There is that.
God: You should get a haircut.
Me: I know I'm so shaggy.
God: Well, I'll leave you to it.
Me: Thanks.
God: Peace.
Me: Later.