Friday, April 29, 2005

Hrm

Living in Hollywood as I do, I've struck up some strange friendships. Who knew that one of my best friends in Hollywood would turn out be Q: The Winged Serpent? Fortunately Quetzalcoatl, who goes by Q, invested his earnings from the film and is now running a real estate business in Redondo. Q lent me his copy of Rebels on the Backlot, a book that is fun to read but makes Down and Dirty Pictures look like Easy Riders, Raging Bulls to Rebel's Dirty Pictures . Or, that is to say, it makes Down look like Slap Shot to Rebel's Vasectomy: A Delicate Matter.

I was reading about Fight Club, and I had a thought about the film I hadn't considered before. What if the narrator's real name is Tyler Durden? I don't know if it works, I haven't watched the film in that frame of mind, but it definitely makes sense without having watched it again. The idea of someone afraid of being who they really are. As if I needed an excuse to watch Fight Club again.